Tuesday, March 18, 2014

At the feet of Jesus

This post has been sitting in my drafts FOREVER.  Not sure why I never finished it.  Instead of trying to dig deep in my memory to figure out what else I intended to say I am going to leave it as is because in reading it I think it says enough.  All of this may have come from John MacArthur and what I intended to do was add more. Regardless, enjoy!

We need to be reminded that the authority of God's Word isn't simply a doctrine to be affirmed, but a priority to be pursued- John MacArthur

Israel's sin led unbelievers to blaspheme God. That's analogous to our society in which the Lord is constantly ridiculed because of the sins of His people.

You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read, and your life is under scrutiny every day. What do others learn from you? Do they see an accurate picture of your God?

Christians will always be maligned, but let it be for righteousness sake, not sin. As Peter said, "Keep your behavior excellent among [unbelievers], so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may on account of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God" (1 Pet. 2:12).

No comments: