Thursday, March 20, 2014

Good Morning Girls Bible Study Week 2


This week we continued our scripture reading and read the introduction of Ministry of of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson.  Sally shares about her relationship with her oldest daughter, Sarah, now a young woman.  I was so drawn in to her description of their relationship because I desire that with my children as well.  I love that she has cultivated such close and loving relationships with her children through a cups of tea in a quiet corner and God's word one day at a time. 
Our verse for Wednesday was Matthew 28:19-20- Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”  
This verse isn't just about sharing the plan of salvation with our children.  It is about everyday life. It is teaching them the commandments as instructed in Deuteronomy 6: 5-9
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."
This isn't something done in a day.  This is is a relationship cultivated over the course of time.  Our children watch us live our lives, see us observe and live out His commandments. They see us fail and then see how we react to those failures. This is more than a daily lesson; it is more than a moment in time. So how do we cultivate such a relationship that allows for natural teaching of the commandments? We give our children "Gifts", an acronym Sally shares: 


G – Gift of Grace
I – Gift of inspiration
F – Gift of Faith
T – Gift of Training
S – Gift of Service
I am looking forward to diving into the Word of God to see what he says about these areas and gleaning from Sally all that I can so I can improve my Ministry of Motherhood (MOM). I have my GIFTS pages added to my iPad and I am ready to go. 
I have started a board on Pinterest where I am posting things I find related to the Scripture I am studying and other things that remind me of my calling to this ministry.  If you have a MOM board please share it as I would love to follow.
Until next week...

No comments: